Sunday, March 14, 2010

God Is Trying To Tell You Something !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZT5sajkys
Ms. Shug Avery runs to the church after hearing the chior sing " God is trying to tell you something"!. She stops in the middle of her blues set as the spirt of God rushes threw her and her soul says...YES!.

Well my day wasn't as dramatic, but I too believe that God is trying to tell me something; as my spirit has been restless. My future for a long time appeared unclear, my direction unknown with several obstacles, and I was just looking for the fastes way out. Every day I was thinking “If only I had enough to pay off all my student loans, If only I didn’t have to work as many hours, if only I could go back to school, If only, If only, If only. This mind set began to consume me and before I realized it I had been living in my own bubble of self loathing, doubt, fear and despair. Nothing seemed to be going in the direction that I wanted it to. I was so lost in the sauce that I couldn’t even remember how to call on the name of Jesus because I was drowning and was more focused on trying to save myself from death. BUT…GLORY BE TO GOD he saw me drowning and slowly began to place seeds of life in my life.

Which brings me to today. I watched Joel Osteen and he told a story about a young boy who loved to play the piano. He played that piano every day, the same song, a beginner’s version of Chopsticks. His father seeing this decided to buy him tickets to see a world famous Italian Pianist. When the boy arrived he saw the piano behind the curtain and began to play chopsticks, before he realized it the curtain rose and he was still at the piano playing, after realizing that the curtain had risen he became mortified but the master pianist came behind him and told him to continue playing and the master started to play with him! He eventually instructed the orchestra to come in and before the young boy knew it he was apart of a grand orchestrated symphony.

Now that was long but the gem in this story that spoke to me was that God has given me a gift something that not many people can do or have even been ordained to do. Thus, rather than giving God a million and one reasons why I can’t do something I've deceided to just show up! And do what is he has given me the gift to do. In my case it is writing, I really do enjoy writing so I will everyday begin to hone my skills of writing, ministering, listening to God and writing the message down. Now it won’t be easy as my computer does not work so I’ll be using my boyfriends as well as his internet connection. I am not sure where this will go but I have made the decision to trust and follow God knowing that he will make room for my gifts and the desires of my heart.

I love you,
MeMe

No comments:

Post a Comment